Angelic Pretty Nitpicks UPDATE

by - 3:35 PM



Back in early 2015, I made a Lolita Nitpick post in which I expressed certain dresses (mainly AP ones) I could not bring myself to appreciate. These dresses at the time included the entire Wonder Cookie and Little Bear's Cafe series, Decoration Dream in yellow and sax, the Milky Planet re-release, and Whip Magic. 

Since making that post, I have changed in many ways, such as growing fonder of older AP prints, with Little Bear's Cafe in Brown and Whip Magic in White being wanted dresses. Even the Milky Planet re-released has gotten a new bit of respect from me as I really like the pink colorway. The only dress I can live without is Decoration Dream in that I'm not too keen on the print itself. 

Now that I got that all cleared, it's time to hear about my current nitpicks!~


 

Pretty much all of the classic themed prints by Angelic Pretty in 2015 really made me start worrying about the future of the brand. I've always since AP as an escape from most of the mature-like brands such as Innocent World and Victorian Maiden, so when they started releasing prints that if I wasn't told that they were from AP, I would have thought it was either one of those classic lolita brands or even a Taobao one! I'm not against classic lolita in anyway, as I've seen many people pull it off, but it's sad to see one of the most prominent sweet lolita brands having to release more toned down and maturer print themes.



Going back to older AP prints, I can never see an appeal to this one particular lucky pack release; that being "A La Carte Tea Time". Now, I've giving many dresses a chance the past few months, but this print is disgusting in my opinion. It all comes down to the nasty shade of green on the print which is a total turn off for me. AP has released dresses with a similar shade of green, such as the bows on Marshmallow Bunny, but because this is a sweets themed print, all I can think of when looking at it is moldy donuts.


 

Finally, a print soon to be released: Baked Sweets Parade! To be totally honest, I really like this print and donuts just happen to be one of my favorite desserts! Compared to the donuts from A La Carte Tea Time, these actually look edible in my opinion. The ONLY thing stopping me from wanting this dress are the white donuts mainly because they look very "clipartish" and ruins the whole composition of the print. Now in the pink colorway, it looks less noticeable, but it might be because of the lighting in the photo, but the white donuts in the mint colorway stand out way too much. A simple fix of turning the icing from white to pink would make this dress an automatic dream dress!


Well there ends my small list of nitpicks at the moment, nothing too great as I've been accepting a lot more prints! Let see what Angelic Pretty has to offer this year and I'll make sure to tell you all about it!~ 




You May Also Like

0 comments