Lolita Nitpicks

by - 6:38 PM


Nitpicks in lolita can be pretty weird depending on well...what the person is nitpicky about. I feel like my personal nitpicks are odd, especially since I am a sweet lolita. 

*Just a note stating that these are all personal opinions and although I like the following dresses/prints great on others, I would never personally wear them*



Okay! I'll be using Angelic Pretty dresses for this since I don't want to be bias towards other brands (expect AP to appear often on this blog). Now...let's start!~




Wonder Cookie : I have no clue why I really don't like this print. Maybe it's the mix of all the colors (especially in the yellow colorway) that gives me a bad vibe. It could also be the colors of the buttons on the OP which sets me off as well. I didn't put a particular cut or colorway from the series I dislike since I don't like the series in general.



Little Bear's Cafe : Another series which I can't bring myself to like. This is more for the print itself than the cut. I happen to be really nitpicky about teddy bears on prints. 99% of the time, I really don't like them. Surprisingly, I love teddy bear bags in lolita. Anyways, I feel Little Bear's Cafe in green is by far the worst colorway. Everything about it is a huge turn off for me.



Decoration Dream in Yellow/Sax : I was about to put the entire series on here, but I feel that the pink and black colorways made the print more appealing to me. Yellow and sax blue tend to be the last colorways I look for when searching for dream dresses. However, this particular print with these colors doesn't match in my eyes at all.



Milky Planet (2013 re-release) OP, JSK: It's weird having to put my dream print in here, but this is the (horrible) re-release AP came out with. I dislike the OP overall in all colorways. But what gets me the most is the sax blue in every cut. It's so bright and I feel as though it would be super hard to coordinate (much like Squirrel Party by Bodyline) The pastel sax blue of the original was much more appealing to the eye.



Whip Magic (AKA Radioactive Cupcakes) : I just had to save the *cough* best *cough* for last. I don't know if this would even be a nitpick since everyone seems to hate this series. I feel that it's the neon colors added with AP's signature pastel colors that sets it off. It does have one benefit, though; it's almost always super cheap secondhand. 


So this concludes my nitpicks and I hope no gets offend if your dream dress is on here. Like I previously stated, it is my opinion and it's mainly just dresses that while they would look good on others, it's just not right for me. 

You May Also Like

0 comments